GENERAL MEMBERSHIP RULES
Application for Membership
- There is no joining fee.
- Applicants may apply for membership if they are recording artists or are up and coming recording artists.
- Applicants are required to register on an individual basis, even if they are members of a band.
- No band registrations are accepted.
- To apply you need to complete both an Application for Membership Form of as well as the Deed of Assignment.
- On the death of a member POSA should be notified as soon as possible so that it can be established to whom future royalties should be paid.
- Membership of POSA ceases upon death. However, POSA undertakes to continue to pay royalties to the deceased member’s executors until the last day of the month of the seventh year following their death, or until a successor member is admitted, whichever is earlier.
- POSA will admit to Successor membership for Needletime Rights, individuals eligible under the POSA Trust Deed.
- Admission is carried out in such a way as to cause the royalties to be paid in accordance with the will or operation of law.
Membership can be terminated by cancellation by the member or by the Board.